1. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER ASSUME
– First of , let me ask you this. Have you ever felt like you know it then you assumed that your hunch is right? Everyone does that. It’s not a crime to do that but as you can see, there are things that you can’t handle if you’re caught in the middle.
I’m kind of like that person… I’m so close to my friends and even to my love one that i assumed i really know them by heart… and the sad part is, I was wrong. now, i can’t stand the fact that I’ve been controlling myself for months now, just to really consider on what they truly feel. I’m not myself lately and it’s because I’m thinking of them. I don’t want to completely let them go away out of my grasp but I have a feeling that they are… they’re getting away from me.
2. NEVER EXPECT/SET EXPECTATIONS
– For one thing that I’ve been doing right now that i want to be aware of everyday is to never expect anything in return. If you’re doing the best that you can for a friend or a love one, just do it because you want to, and not because it’s just an obligation that you need to fulfill. If you’re gonna expect for something, sometimes it hurts if you’ll expect something in return. If it’s a good deed, Leave it be. Karma is not for negative things only.
– Needs to set expectations. It will help you in the future. People will come to you and say.. “Thanks for the reminder” or “It’s good that I’ve expected this to happen and it really hurts, but at least not that much because I’m aware of it.”
Things like that is what we should bare in mind. We can never be numb… unless you’re not a person from planet Earth. By the way, I’m from Pluto. (^-^)
3. NEVER DEMAND
– Remember #1? I’m a demanding person. (Is this the right way to put it in a sentence?) Anyway, I’ve been seeing it clearly especially in this kind of category, I’m a kind of friend that’s not gonna ask if you’re free on this/that day(but sometimes I’m doing it), I’ll just tell you right away that we’ve got something to do. it’s not on a form of question but it’s on a form where all you can say is, “you planned this without getting my approval first if i wanted to go or not?”. i’m not waiting for you to say that but you’d rather go with me than saying this. LoL.
but, lately, i’ve noticed… i’m not doing this kind of thing anymore. i rarely ask my friends if they wanted to have lunch together, or maybe go to the movies… i don’t know why. is it because someone alarmed me that i need to set them free? they have their own lives and i’m pushing them on what i really wanted. maybe i’m just not able to ask them what they really wanted. maybe that’s really it. and maybe that’s also the reason why i’m alone right now. afraid of their rejection.
4. DON’T HURT THE ONE WHO REALLY LOVES YOU, IN RETURN, JUST LOVE HIM BACK
– my boyfriend has a really strong will power. i don’t know where he gets it but it also made me stronger. he never demanded anything… even though i’ve done a thing to him that’s really unforgivable but still he believes in me. he believed me. i noticed that after that year, i’ve changed. i appreciated him for staying and for being loyal and honest to me. i don’t know how to repay him. and i know that all he really wanted is for me to stay. by his side. just to love him more. i never thought that i’m going to have this kind of feeling over a guy… so much. he accepted me. again. i love him so much.
5. IF THERE’S A WILL, THERE’S A WAY
– there were times that i didn’t have the courage to go further. just like my situation at our office. i’m weak. i’m always saying that i don’t want to do it anymore… that i’m too slow to catch on. but there are some cases that sometimes a scenario will make me dedicated to what i’ve done so far. i know still can do it… but i’m scared to even go on my own. brave is the adjective that i’ve come up with during our training for a call center agent position. and i’m still wondering where’s my will to fight for that title?
6. NO MAKING EXCUSES FOR MAKING A DECISION
– every one of us has a different story to tell. it’ s either good or bad it’s still their story or yours. you can’t make up for the lost times but you can still have a good memories with them right now… moving forward to what you can do with/for your love ones. if something goes wrong, they can forgive you but they can’t seriously forget that. make sure that you’ll take full responsibility of your actions. it’s still you who’s making your own destiny. still your decision,
7. IF YOU LOVE SOMETHING, SET IT FREE
– i’ve loved all the ones that’s dearest to me. i’ve set them free. they can do whatever they want. i’m not going to interfere on any decisions that they have chosen. it’s their life. they’re the director of their own life story. i’ve meddled with their life for so long and i’ve had enough. it’s not right… but sometimes you just want what’s good for them… and it’s gotta stop. they’re not kids anymore and if they have to face the challenges that they have to conquer, all you can do is to support them so they’ll do the best that they can to get the job done. that’s why you’re their friend. you’re there to make sure that they have a friend who they can lean on to, who they can hug and who they can cry with. that’s your role. they’ll be free. you have set them free…
8. HATE THE WORD “PROMISE”
– many of you knows that if you made a promise you must keep it… but base on my experiences, i really am not fond of that word. and as you can see if you got along with me, you’re not able to hear it from me. i’d rather say the word, “i swear”.
it’s not that people are breaking promises all the time but it’s alright to if i don’t believe on that stuff. because if you’re really a friend, you’ll do whatever it takes to keep your word, with or without promises.
9. ENJOY LIFE AS IT SHOULD BE
– when i finished the book, The Fault in our Stars by John Green… it made me wonder how life could be different. it made me realized hat i’m blessed to be alive and healthy. happiness is a choice, right? and i know deep down that i really want to be happy. despite of the hardship that i’m encountering now, no one should be able to make me regret what i just did. somehow i’m greatful that i’m still alive. you can never know what you can really do unless you’ve tried your best. not just best… but all your BEST.
10. LIVE LIKE YOU’RE DYING
– i love watching movies so i’ve picked this message on the movie, “The Bucket List”. two people who’s going nuts over a list of things that they must do before they die because of cancer. it’s a brave thing to do actually. they didn’t give up until the very end. and the best part that i’ve seen there is… they’ve witnessed a miracle.
do what you wanted to do… not tomorrow, not the next day, but today. it’s not that something bad is gonna happen, but it would best if you’re going to do it NOW. the thing that you can do today, is going to be your treasure tomorrow. believe me. tried and tested.
11. BE SECRETIVE/DON’t LET SOMEONE FIGURE YOU OUT EASILY
– privacy is very, very, very, very important. don’t broadcast to the world who you really are. let them explore your life and let them be a part of your life as well. it’s not gonna hurt you, but in some instances make sure that you’re not giving everything away. you have you’r own mind, heart, body and soul. they must respect your well-being and they understand that you have something more important to dig in within yourself without anyone’s help. no one can really help you but you.
that’s one of the things how people can respect you. having self-respect.
– let them feel that you’re not giving away your thoughts to anyone. it’s good to know that you can control yourself on giving out unnecessary information to people who’s not involved with the situation and if they were, don’t mind about it too. just keep your mouth shut and just keep it to yourself.
12. DON’T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE TWICE
– this mistake is the kind of mistake that is not forgivable. whether you it or not, if you did something wrong, you’re dead for sure. nah, just joking. it actually not depends on you. it also depends on people who believes you… or on how they reacted about the situation. it’s not your fault that they can’t understand what you did. because believe me or not, if they’re on your shoes right now, they’ll have a hard time explaining it to you too. nothing’s fair. it never was. and we’re only human. all of us have done mistakes. no one is an exception.
13. DON’T BE CLINGY
– the whole point of it all. i’ve learned so many things and yet this is the part where i can rest for a bit then move on.
i’m a bit too clingy myself. some say, i can’t depend on anyone but myself and that’s a pretty good point. and i don’t want to annoy people too much because no matter where they do, i wanna know everything and i want to do it with them, and that’s not good.
i need to be sensitive enough to understand that i don’t need to be there with them all the time. that’s why a freind told me, i should have a ‘me’ time.
for now i need to organize everything according to plan. i don’t really have a plan, but i’m planning to have aplan. doesn’t makesense, does it? LoL.
these are not all the things that i’ve learned and there are some more that i can think of but right now, these are the things that i need to focus on. and my priority will come higher and higher until i can reach them no more.
good luck to me.
[Reblogged and Edited from July 20, 2013]